2005/05/27

Seems the Sith's finally hit the fan

State Sen. John Ford remained in federal custody overnight after being charged Thursday with accepting bribes from a fake FBI company, then threatening to shoot potential witnesses against him.

The witnesses were actually undercover federal agents, according to indictments unsealed Thursday morning.


I'm I surprised? I'd like to be, but I'm not. I know everyone is innocent until proven guilty, but this sounds like something Ford would do. And this has nothing to do with the state senate's ethics investigation. It's a separate issue.

What does surprise me is the possible involvement of Bowers and Dixon. I always thought Dixon was a good guy. I never liked Bowers politically but I thought she was honest.

Charged along with Ford were two other prominent Memphis Democrats, Sen. Kathryn Bowers and former senator Roscoe Dixon, a longtime lawmaker who resigned this year for a new job as a top aide to Shelby County Mayor AC Wharton. Full story>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home