2005/07/11

I like this lady’s style

I hadn’t heard of State Senator Rosalind Kurita before this past Spring. Now that I have, I’d like to know more about her. She’s running for the same U.S. Senate seat our Harold Ford Jr. is drooling over. You know the U.S. Senate seat that will be empty soon because Bill Frist is drooling over the White House. Yeah, that one.

Anyway, the lady seems to have some interesting ideas on ethics reform in state government that I like. For example, she has suggested a Sunshine Law for state government. There isn’t one presently? I didn’t know that.
Kurita suggests that all legislators' votes be posted on the Internet. Also, she hopes all House and Senate floor sessions and committee meetings will eventually be broadcast on TV, the Internet or both.
She hopes to see full public disclosure of what lobbyists are paid and how much they spend to influence public policy.

The more I read, the more I like about her. Harold, this lady could definitely give you a run for your money.

For the complete editorial>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home