2005/09/18

From Shep Fargotstein

Fargotstein learned three lessons from the tragedy of Katrina. We would all do well to learn these.

I can't depend on any government entity to "be there" in a situation similar to what happened in New Orleans. It is my responsibility to be able to take care of my loved ones and myself for at least two weeks, if not longer.

I must be more involved in working against bad government (local, state and federal) policy and those who promote it. If left to their devices, the "system" could sell me out as easily as it sold out the poor of New Orleans.
As much as we pride ourselves on being civilized and "above it all," the glue that binds our civil society together is extremely fragile. I must be prepared for the worst and hope for the best as it relates to looting and lawlessness.
Read the rest of the Commercial Appeal article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home