2005/10/10

President Barbour?

Haley Barbour as a candidate for the repub nomination for president in ’08? Frankly, that’s a possibility I hadn’t considered. Didn’t even cross my mind. Though I’ve never been a Barbour fan I must admit that his stature did increase with his handling of Katrina.

While the White House struggled and Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco seemed overwhelmed, Barbour supplied steady leadership and emerged from the crisis with a burnished national reputation.
This couldn’t really happen though. The rebuilding of the Mississippi coast won’t be finished by then. By the way, don’t you just love the “While the White House struggled …” line? Now go read the complete article.

2 Comments:

Blogger Len said...

Haley Barbour as a candidate for the repub nomination for president in ’08?

Like Mondays aren't bad enough without seeing that? Fortunately, nothing can depress me more than Monday does already; hopefully I'll be over it then by the time tomorrow dawns.

:-)

Mon Oct 10, 01:17:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Cg said...

I don't mind Mondays as much as I once did. Being retired has greatly helped.

Mon Oct 10, 04:45:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home